Convergence Quilt technique with Laurie Grant, $10 per student
Saturday, Sep 18, 9:30am – 3:30pm, six-hour in-person workshop at the Benicia Senior Center
Make small artistic quilts easily and quickly using this magical technique. The term convergence is defined as the process or state of converging, coming together. The convergence technique is one that uses two or more fabrics cut into strips, then sewn together, then cut and pieced together again. We strongly recommend Ricky Tims Convergence Quilts book, which was published in 2003. It is available as a free eBook via Amazon Prime, but may be purchased used or new. Supply List
AURIFILOSOPHY: It’s all about the Thread! Lecture and Trunk Show, with Karen Miller of Red Bird Quilt Co, $10
Thursday, Oct 21, 6:30 – 8:30pm virtual lecture, 90-120 minutes
Aurifilosophy – the search for Knowledge and Truth, especially about the nature and behavior of Aurifil thread. A program designed to unlock the mysteries of thread, educate, inspire, and enable all users to achieve brilliant results. I share my Aurifil-centric trunk of quilts, a wealth of quilty information and inspiration, exclusive Aurifil resources, and swag!
Bohemium Peels with The Material Girlfriends, $35 per student + pattern – Enrolled students are entitled to 50% off the pattern from their website!
Saturday, Oct 23, 9:30am – 3:30pm, six-hour in-person workshop at the Benicia Senior Center
Twin sisters, Lisa and Lora, will teach us their latest pattern in a fun & relaxed manner. No curved piecing as the “peels” are appliqued onto HST! This pattern is also AccuQuilt-friendly, you have a choice of making the full sized quilt 65 x 65” or mini 30.5 x 30.5″. Supply List
Fabric Collage – planning session (no sewing) guided by experienced members, $10 per student plus the Happy Villages pattern booklet by Karen Eckmeier
Thursday, Nov 18, 6:00 – 9:00pm, three-hour in-person workshop at the Benicia Senior Center
- Sign-ups will be on a first-come, first-paid basis to Carquinez Strait Stitchers guild members. Workshop fee is due with registration. **Free workshops require registration.
- Standard workshop fee $35 per workshop with professional teachers, and $10 with guild-member teachers.
- Maximum workshop size will be determined by the instructor, subject to limits imposed by the venue.
- If space is available in a professional teachers workshop, non-members may participate for an additional $5. There is no extra charge for workshops taught by our members.
** For questions or to register as a non-member for a workshop, please contact email@example.com
- A full refund of paid class fees will be given to a member participant only if notice is given by the participant 30 days prior to the scheduled class.
- Fees may be refunded in instances of absence due to unforeseen illness, emergency, or other circumstances at the board’s discretion, on a case-by-case basis.
- Patterns and directions used must conform to copyright laws; therefore, each participant must purchase required materials.