Thursday, May 20, 6:30 – 8:30pm “Stitch and Flip” technique demo/sew-along with Peggy Driscoll, FREE!
Grab your scraps & bring your own line drawing, or purchase the Colorwerx ModDog pattern for $12 shown here. They have several fun animals, and they look great in bright colors! Use muslin or your favorite stabilizer for the foundation and stitch 2-2.5” wonky strips. Finished piece may be appliqued on a quilt block, bag, placemat, etc…
Outreach Tote Bags, with Janice Johnson
Thursday, June 17, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Let’s work on our tote bags for Community Outreach! Pattern & kits will be provided by Janice. You may use your own fabrics. Registration is not required.
Saturday, Jun 19, 10am – 2:00pm, virtual
Beginner-friendly using fused applique. These colorful little pieces are fun to create, quick, and make great gifts. Plus, they’re a standard size (4″ x 6″), so can be easily and inexpensively framed! Pattern purchase is required for the workshop, and Carol will do a free-motion demo at the end of the workshop to show how to incorporate thread work into your postcards!
Fearless Free Motion Quilting: Cutwork Scarf or Table Topper, with Jenny K Lyon, $35 per student
Part 1 – Thursday, Aug 19, 6:30 – 8:30pm, virtual Part 2 – Saturday, Aug 21, 10am – 2:00pm, virtual
We will combine a simple daisy motif with some bubbles to create an adorable table topper. This easy and versatile technique can be used in many ways in your quilting, garments and home-dec projects. Also a Christmas styled topper is offered if preferred. This fun and lively class is ideal for both experienced beginners and more advanced quilters! 6-hr virtual workshop in two parts. Supply List
Convergence Quilt technique with Laurie Grant, $10 per student
Part 1 – Thursday, Sep 16, 6:30 – 8:30pm, virtual Part 2 – Saturday, Sep 18, 10am – 2:00pm, virtual
Make small artistic quilts easily and quickly using this magical technique. The term convergence is defined as the process or state of converging, coming together. The convergence technique is one that uses two or more fabrics cut into strips, then sewn together, then cut and pieced together again. We recommend the book Ricky Tims’ Convergence Quilts, which was published in 2003 and is available used for a nominal fee. Supply List coming soon
AURIFILOSOPHY: It’s all about the Thread! Lecture and Trunk Show, with Karen Miller of Red Bird Quilt Co, $10
Thursday, Oct 21, 6:30 – 8:30pm virtual lecture, 90-120 minutes
Aurifilosophy – the search for Knowledge and Truth, especially about the nature and behavior of Aurifil thread. A program designed to unlock the mysteries of thread, educate, inspire, and enable all users to achieve brilliant results. I share my Aurifil-centric trunk of quilts, a wealth of quilty information and inspiration, exclusive Aurifil resources, and swag!
Saturday, Oct 23, 10am – 4:00pm, six-hour virtual workshop
Twin sisters, Lisa and Lora, will teach us their latest pattern in a fun & relaxed manner. No curved piecing as the “peels” are appliqued onto HST! This pattern is also AccuQuilt-friendly, and the finished size is 65” x 65”. Mini version will also be made available! Supply list coming soon
- Sign-ups will be on a first-come, first-paid basis to Carquinez Strait Stitchers guild members. Workshop fee is due with registration. **Free workshops require registration.
- Standard workshop fee $35 per workshop with professional teachers, and $10 with guild-member teachers.
- Maximum workshop size will be determined by the instructor, subject to limits imposed by the venue.
- If space is available in a professional teachers workshop, non-members may participate for an additional $5. There is no extra charge for workshops taught by our members.
** For questions or to register as a non-member for a workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full refund of paid class fees will be given to a member participant only if notice is given by the participant 30 days prior to the scheduled class.
- Fees may be refunded in instances of absence due to unforeseen illness, emergency, or other circumstances at the board’s discretion, on a case-by-case basis.
- Patterns and directions used must conform to copyright laws; therefore, each participant must purchase required materials.